Information needed to start the process of searching the title for your property you are refinancing or purchasing is as follows:
- Copy of the signed agreement of sale
- Lender’s contact information
- Lender’s contact information and copy of commitment letter
Realizing every closing is different and some closings require special documents, below is a list of items needed at every closing:
- As required by the US Patriot Act and Notary Laws, two forms of photo identification, i.e., driver’s license, passport, state issued identification card, credit card will be required to identify you.
- Copies of documents. Any documents your lender is requiring to be provided as a condition at closing.
- Money required at closing is required to be “good” funds to assure immediate availability. You will need to bring a certified/cashier’s check(s) or send funds via bank wire (preferred – instructions available upon request).
- Proof of Homeowners Insurance
- Review your contract to make sure your names are spelled correctly and the names match the loan application
- Know how you wish to hold title if buying jointly
- Set up a final walk through prior to settlement (if you have a buyer’s agent, they will handle this)